Thursday, July 21, 2005

Webbit - "State of the art" Wireless broadband by TIME

I am writing this to you with regards to your Webbit wireless broadband service. I am a subscriber to the abovementioned service (User name - Account No. inserted).

For the last week or so, the service I have been is very weak and sporadic. This basically means that i have not been able to use your service during this period. Despite numerous calls to your customer service, the problem still persists. The most I can get is a few minutes of service before it gets disrupted again. The modem shows a red signal permanently where it used to show orange or green signal. Furthermore, the signal continuously gets disrupted and the signal light just blinks.

The excuse given to me is that this area (Section 7 - base station Menara Choy Fook On) is overcongested. This is unacceptable as this service has cost me a few hundred ringgit to install and a monthly bill or RM88. For what it's worth, I have basically been unable to log on to the internet during the last week.

I am writing this in the hope that this problem can be resolved quickly. My household consists of 5 people of varying ages who use the internet daily. As your mission statement says, " TIME dotCom is committed to providing superior broadband service to ensure the enhancement and clarity of data communication through the delivery of Internet access over a state-of-the-art digital wireless broadband network". I hope you can live up to your claimed standards.

I have contemplating writing this for a while now.

The above is an e-meil which I sent out to Webbit a few weeks back. Apart from this, numerous calls have also been made to their customer service almost daily. Webbit is Time's wireless broadband internet service.

The internet service provided by them has recently turned horrible. Constant disconnnections, connection with no data coming through and the inability to connect for hours is a daily occurence. This has been going on for almost 2 months. All this and they charge us RM500 installation and modem fee and RM88 a month.

Needless to say, I am extremely pissed with TIME. All you Streamyx users out there, trust me, you have it good. Most of my complaints have already been noted in the mail above.

Please be wary if you intend to subscribe. And you are a Webbit subscriber by any chance, please leave a comment with your thoughts on their service.

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home