Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year!

2007 is here! For me, I'm looking forward to my new job which starts on the 16th. Finally, job with a good company that has scope for career development and it's something that I'm interested in. Oh yeah, I get to enjoy public holidays too! I hate the working on public holidays crap that is required at my current job.

Ladies and gentlemen, presenting.....

In a couple of weeks, I will be reporting for work to the Information Risk Management department under the Business Advisory wing of Klynveld Pete Marwick Goerdeler - better known as KPMG. Even my business card will sound fairly impreessive. The official title is "Executive - Information Risk Management". No one has to know that it's a junior exec, ok?

It will be one day shy of exactly one year since I started work that I will be joining KPMG. I started my current job on the 17th of January 2006, and I start at KPMG on the 16th of January 2007.

I cannot put into words how happy and excited I am to be joining KPMG. I have been trying to join them since January of last year and it took months of trying before I finally got an interview. Then it took another few months for it to materialize into an offer. In fact my interviewer did mention that they have a few copies of my resume, which I kept sending in at different intervals over the last year.

Here's to new beginnings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home