Thursday, October 20, 2005

It Is Done.

Just got my degree results online. Before I logged in I did a quick prayer at the altar in my house. 3 and a half years of work, and it has come down to this moment. My chances at a first class were quite slim. I just didn't want to see a "2nd Class Lower" there at any cost. That is a fate worse than death, especially in a punjabi family.

"2nd Class First Division Honours"

I say a quick prayer of thanks to God. Joy, relief, and happiess flow through my veins and in my psyche.

I am there.

It is done.

Time to become a man.

And the first order of business as a man, spread the good news to the whole family, including uncles, aunties and the whole jingbang lah.

You see, when you don't do well, everyone gleefully joins in the slaughter fest of the sacrificial student that is me. It is not a pretty sight, I tell you. So whenever there is good news, You have to tarik maximum! Squeeze the situation for every drop of praise possible. If there's money involved, all the better!

Of course, if there are bad results here and there, you just have to keep quiet and let it pass, haha!

Time to celebrate! Cheers!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:11 pm  
Blogger Jasmine * said...

Congrats, pal!

7:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will have long island with you in April... Two wordly-wise graduates sitting in Chilis having deep meaningful discussions about the benefits of vodkajelly.

Muahahah!

Congrats on the Honours!

12:38 pm  
Blogger eldiablocorneo said...

Thanks to all for the wishes! It's a huge weight off my shoulders and I feel so fancy-free right now :-)

danubanu: Looking forward to it! You sure you don't want to talk about world peace or something, lol!

2:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pffft.

World Peace is for Beauty Queens ;p

We classy people will stick to California Eggrolls and alcopops.

9:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site »

7:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home