Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Tsunami again?

I had wanted to blog about my friend Raj's 21st birthday last Saturday night and all the nonsense we did.

As I was watching "Fear Factor" a couple of hours back, I thought I felt a tremor, but I wasn't sure. Maybe I was just dizzy? Maybe the dog was doing some nonsense on the glass panel which touches the couch? Then I realized it might be an earthquake. So I go get a glass of water to do the "Jurassic Park" test, but by the time I got back it was over. Later, I turn to CNN, nothing. BBC, nothing. I add the words "btw dude did u feel a tremor just now" to an sms I was sending. The reply was that my friend's aunt had felt it. Then CNN and BBC started getting the news in.

Confirmation. Another tsunami possibility. I hope when I wake up tomorrow there will not be any bad news. As I type this, the news is that there sre no casualties or any tsunamis detected yet. Tonight I will be praying that it stays that way. There has been more than enough suffering already.

Let's all pray. No more innocent lives to be taken. No more devastation. No more suffering. No more pain.

Let's all pray.

6 Comments:

Blogger V.Kugantharan said...

haha..i was updating my blog when my fucking chair started vibrating and i was like wtf! hahaa

1:06 pm  
Blogger Andrew said...

wtf!! wtf!! hantu shaking my chair and table. i was updating another post somewhere when i felt the first jolt at 11.09pm... sitting here in the darkness and suddenly.. my chair shook... then my table... first thought that came into my mind.... ummm fuck ghost! hahaha...

7:06 pm  
Blogger rivalpine said...

Even I thought it was a ghost at first. Very eerie feeling indeed. Let's hope that God will have mercy on those poor innocent lives out there especially children :(

7:39 pm  
Blogger eldiablocorneo said...

Fortunately people no tsunamis were caused. That was the main worry as far as I was concerned. Although some hundreds were killed on Nias, taking into consideration the magnitude of the quake it could have been much worse. Maybe God just wanted to remind us that He is the ultimate force of nature.

8:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! California lottery supper Tamiflu effects clio face lift Kenmore dryer is squeeking Amd geode nx 1750 cpu Seaweed cellulite Mini ice machine

9:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

embraces prospecting, begins asking good, tough, timely questions,recognizes the importance of thoroughly qualifying their opportunitiesactually closes at closing timerises to the occasion when the going gets toughI'vebeen witness to this magic for 37 years - without fail - wheneversalespeople finally do what they must - consistently - even though it'sdifficult. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry Bayswater Bags[/url] Circumstances out of your control can utterly destroy your attempt for a healthy diet. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]http://www.goosecoatsale.ca[/url] Oxcopmdxl
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]cheap pandora[/url] Jlphxffsl [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose coats[/url] jdjuqwsoy

3:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home