Monday, March 14, 2005

What's My Line?

Went to watch a play yesterday which goes by the above title. Honestly I had no idea what to expect as I didn't hear or read about this particular play. I had a feeling though that it may be similiar to that Drew Carey show "Who's Line Is It Anyway?" and I was right. It was an improvisational comedy. I don't think it deserves the label "play" tho. It was more like watching a sitcom. It was funny enough, but nothing exceptional. Just like watching an episode of "Who's Line". 3 mat salleh guys trying to be as funny as possible with no script. The place was crawling with celebrities tho!! In the row in front of me were seated Jit Murad, Harith Iskandar, Faridah Merican (I think!), Hans Isaac, Marion Caunter (cute), and Yasmin Yusuff. SEated elsewhere were other notable faces such as Jo Kukathas, Patrick Teoh, Ida Nerina (still looking good!) and various other famous lookng faces. I felt like I was at the Malaysian Oscars or something! The highlight of the evening would be Harith Iskandar getting on his knees to retrieve my cousin's watch from under his chair. Priceless!!

It is now the 2nd last week of classes for this semester, which has absolutely flown by. Another sem and that's it, my life in APIIT is over. I've been waiting for this moment forever but as it nears, I've been starting to think about all the things I'm gonna miss, most notably the great people I have gotten to known. All this while I have been looking forward to graduation as the time when I finally become my own man and gain my independence, which is something I dearly look forward to (thus the blog title "Transition"). However all the people I have gotten to known since I first joined as a fresh student in the first year, some of which are still with me and will be graduating together. The three old guys in DF0231 - me, Thomas and "Sifu" Jit Sin aka DJ Ace. Class rep and assistant we were. I tell you the shit that went on...fights, cheating, lecturers losing their tempers at us...makes me laugh now tho. The three dudes born in in 1981. We were always together that first year, even for projects. That was a great time. Thomas is still around tho Sifu stopped after hte first year. There was also Pravin (the first guy I said hi to), Manin (I honestly though he was a middle eastern dude the first time I saw him!), Arief, who's still around as well - the coding genius...and Sundar. There's also some other great people like Jasmine, Ka Kit(youngest in the class at 17, I was 21 but we got along great), Shi Ping (probably back in China now) and Melvin. Damn, there's so many I'm sure there's names I left out.

Then we went on to the 2nd year and another group of new and fantastic people. Andrew, Kheire, Chee Fai, Ajiem, Wan and Wandy the psycho Bruneians, Subaash and of course the friendly terrorist who salsas - Ali. Damn I miss that dude. Ali come back here!!!!!! 2nd year was great, we had a great futsal team of many colours. Malay(Ajiem), Wandy(Brunei), Ali(Iran), Kheire(Somalia), Liang Ming(chinese), Ashvin(indian) and me(punjaban). 2nd year was hectic as hell man. 5 full days a week for 3 semesters in a row. Final day submissions scrambling in Ali's apartment. Man it was fun! That was also the year we all conquered the student'c council, grabbing most of the available positions. We're still around, well most of us at least. We gotta go off with 2 big events: Sports Day and the Annual Dinner.

Damn. Am I getting old? Reminiscing about old times when I still have 5 months to go. Or am I just preparing myself for the inevitable day when bonds must be broken? Whatever it is, there's surely a lot that's going to be missed about the college days. I keep telling myself that I must make full use of the time I have left in college. I am looking forward to working, getting my own salary, my own wheels, freedom to do things etc. But will I be one of these people who says "Enjoy studying while you can, working life sucks"? HELL NO!!! Studying in APIIT is no different than working man. You get shitloads of work. The campus is as sterile as a morgue. There's a friggin' dress code that never allowed me to get corn rows. Everyone sits around with their laptops looking busy and having meetings. It's not your typical college where people dress up in funky threads looking cool, having a blast and basically enjoying their youth. There's absolutely nothing to miss about APIIT. But the friends that have made that journey with me, yes. I will most definitely miss them. Already I'm missing Ali like crazy!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

9:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. 1952 pontiac 2-door hardtop http://www.autosuzuki.info/porsche_car_cover.html

6:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi man, I came across this article by searching apiit df0231. I can't find your real name in this site. who are you btw? I am Shi Ping. still remember me? How are you guys? dukewang322@yahoo.com.sg. my msn account. keep in touch, I might go to Malaysia this year

5:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home