Sunday, March 20, 2005

24

Well, the 20th of March is here. 24 hours to this day of days on which I turn 24. Had a nice dinner with my relatives here in KL just now, which was good and fun. Lots of meat during the dinner, which is also good and fun. So the family part is over. Well maybe there's a cake cutting and all that, who knows.

Wow, I can't believe it man. 24! That's like almost mid 20s man. This is the year I finally finish studies and hopefully get a job and a life. And a car. And a new handphone. And a proper DJ set. And a gf. Yes, a gf. Sometimes I can't believe that I'm usually 24 and still single. People seem to have a hrad time believing that I've never had a gf. Is that so unbelievable? Perhaps I'm too choosy. Or maybe I'm *still* waiting for that right person who never seems to appear. Is my luck in life that bad, as I think it is. Or is it the choosiness again? I could go on and on but that's a story for a different day.

Well, there's nothing interesting to report now as the day has just started, but rest assured my dear blog will be updated if and when anything happens.

So what's been happening since my last blog? Nothing really except our hockey team got thrashed 5-0 by some army team in a friendly on Friday. Didn't really think much of this army team until I arrive at the pitch and see these bunch of huge guys climbing off an army trunk. Screw the team, the army truck scared the shit out of us! They were all set as well, a full squad of 20 all dressed in army pants and the team t-shirt. Now let's look at us. 10 players showed up, not even enough for a full team. This includes me and a couple of other beginners who are still getting the hang of the game. Needless to say we were throrn down in defence. To be honest, we didn't do too badly but hey, 5-0 is 5-0 innit?

I'd better go to bed. I won't be able to get up at my usual time of 12 pm tomorrow as I can expect a barrage of calls, so I'd better get the sleep while I can (like as if 2 am is very early to go to bed!!). The rain pouring down is tempting as hell as well. Before I go, I just want to say that "You make me feel brand new" is a f**king great classic. Was listening to the Simply Red version on Channel [V] just now (the original is by the Stylistics). Cheers for now. Nitez.