Thursday, March 17, 2005

Swimming trunks...

I got a call yesterday, while I was looking through Xbox games in MidValley yesterday afternoon. It was from an aunt of mine working in advertising.

Aunt: Are you free on Friday? We need a model for a shoot.
Me: *Perasan face* Sure, I should be free on Friday. I don't have class on that day.
Aunt: Great. You need to wear swimming trunks and pose in the sea
Me: *silence*..................*more silence*.............uh, well, um.....Friday is it? What time ah?
Aunt: Morning. Transport provided. Leave at 5 am and you'll be back early afternoon. You also get 50 bucks.
Me: *weighs 50 bucks against my pride for a few seconds*.....Eh, Friday morning I have to submit an *imaginary* assignment la (simultaneously thanks God for my quick thinking abilities).
Aunt: I thought you said you have no class!
Me; Yah! There's no class but Friday's a due date for my project so I have to go to college still.
Aunt: Oh ok. You sure? How about your friends?
Me: I'll ask around and see if anyone's interested
Aunt: OK. I'll call back tonight and check.
*Click*

Me(to friends): My aunt just asked me to model in trunks.
Friends: ROTFLTAO

Oh my God. Could you imagine, me in swimming trunks? They must be really desperate for people. N wonder they can't get anyone. To be honest, I've always kinda hoped she would ask me to be in some ad then I can get my 15 seconds of fame. But this? No way!!

Then this morning I get another call as I was soundly sleeping.

Me: Hhheellrroouu
Aunt: Hello there. Are you sick?
Me: *clears throat* What? No la! I'm ok I'm ok.....
Aunt: Alright. I've spoken to the shoot people and they say they can do it on Saturday as well.

*Why la God is this happening to me? Can't they take no for an answer!?"

Me: Oh yes ah....Saturday izzit. I have another assignment due date on Monday and a presentation as well (this is true, but actually it's nothing that would stop me going for the shoot). So I think it's gonna be difficult la. These are the last 2 weeks of the semester (it's true!) so it's gonna be quite difficult la. lots of submissions and work to complete.
Aunt: But you'll be back by...wait ah....*shouts something to someone in the background*.....you'll be back by 2. Normally you wake up at 11 right?
Me: Yes
Aunt: So not much difference what! You come back and do your work la.
Me: But if I wake up at 5 am then I have to come back and sleep for 3 hours first!
Aunt: Hahaha, Yes ah? Oookay.
Me: I'll confirm with you if I can.
Aunt: OK. Try and find someone else also la. Ask around and see.
Me: Yup. I am. I'll get back to you if I get anything.
Aunt: OK. But be fast ya. Bye!
*Click*

At this point I thiiiiink and pray that she's getting the hint. Given the circumstances I suddenly had to get my "priorities" straight. I don't think I have time to do it, studies come first, you see. I pray to God that this is the last I hear of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home