Sunday, March 13, 2005

Friggin Astro...

Been a while since I blogged, that's thanks to the mundane routine in life APIIT or now proudly known as the University College of Technology and Innovation (UCTI). I figure APUCTI sounds like a weird swear word. Nothing blog-worthy in the last couple of weeks. Zoukfest didn't happen. Somehow I managed to pull some strings and get a room although they were all sold out but some people are just party poopers. What's the big deal with getting a room?

So we move to own to the main title. Astro's service has really been getting screwed up. First, at about 12 pm on Friday, it suddenly goes off with the message "This channel is not in your subscription". So I'm thinking wtf right, then I surf to Astro's website and there's a message there saying you may experience solar outages and to call Customer Service if it lasts more than 5 mins. So we try and try and try to call. 24 hours later, that is today in the afternoon, I finally get through. After some discussion I'm told that the account's been suspended due to a decline of the credit card from which the bill is auto-debited. The freaking card number they gave is actually different from the actual one, so I'm guessing someone over there made a mistake and accidentally changed the number. So the bill hasn't been paid since November, they never bother to tell us that the card is declined and although they said they'll reconnect, it's now 1 am and here I am blogging out my frustrations as Man U are kicking off against Southampton. F**kin 'ell man.

There's been a lot of complaints recently about Astro and their bad service. Some of the channels have been repeating shows since almost 2 years ago such as Discovery Travel and TechTV. Many people have been complaining about it and it has even been brought up on the esteemed Jeff Ooi's blog. I mean c'mon la...TechTV's been repeating shows forever...and now they've added the G4 programs coz TechTV and G4 merged. But the shows they have are from 2002! Like on the shows for games they're excitedly talking about games that have absolutely no relevance to today's audience. C'mon la guys, can't afford to get new episodes izzit? Discovery Travel also seems to have traveled the world twice over and they have nothiong new to show. Have you ever had that experience where out of all the channels, there's just nothing to watch? I wish they would add MTV India or some hindi channels where I can watch hindi pop music videos all day. I swear Indian girls are getting hotter by the day.

On a brighter note, had some fantastic home-made curry mee for dinner just now. I can still taste it....wow. Also got to check out a Apple Ibook. The OS takes some getting used to, but not that difficult I think. They say that when you go Mac, you never go back. I can see the rationale in that. It looks cool, the interface is cute and there's the whole artsy fartsy thing about the Mac. I think for technically intensive use however, you still gotta go for Windows. I've never seen anyone in APIIT using an Ibook. There are only 2 ancient IMac's outside the lab that no one touches. It's always those "creative" types, usually in industries such as advertising, designing etc that carry Apple stuff around. IPod not withstanding!!!!!!! It freakin rocks man. I just recently got to checkout the IPod Mini first hand and its great. The interface is so easy and straight. And the touchpad! Makes it so cool to use. No wonder its such a craze. Now I want one!! My birthday's comin up.....who knows? Actually the best present would be for PTPTN to give me my loan asap! Then I can build my new rig (rig=self assembled pc) and get my robotics hardware for my final year project.

P.S. Half time 2-0 to United. Thank god for Soccernet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home